Pageviews past week

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

VCarr's Parents Do A Little Dance….


I sent the email. I signed the contract and have notified my nearest and dearest. And this is what resulted… 

My parents burst into never before seen singing and dancing

My mother was at the kitchen sink doing dishes, her hands in yellow gloves dripping with soapy water. My father stood in the doorway in a white t-shirt and sweat pants.   Apparently some genetic switch was flipped when they heard the news (for the 20th time) because simultaneously, the two began to sway to an unknown tune that only parents can hear; a tune that signals the last of their children is leaving the nest. I don’t know quite how to describe it, but my mother and father balled their little fists, threw their arms out in front of them in a rapid circular motion, turned their eyes to heaven and… what shall I call it… danced like I’d never seen!  All this while chanting “Go VCarr! Go VCarr!”  And as they chanted I reveled in these words of encouragement…and smiled. I am pretty awesome, aren't I?!?  

I suppose my parents could have really been chanting “GOOOoooo (away) VCarr.”  

Naaah, that can’t be right.  I’m just over analyzing.  Go Me!  Go Me!  J

1 comment:

  1. Go you is right! I am extremely proud of you and you deserve it. Congrats for sticking to your guns and getting what YOU want. Enjoy this very exciting time. (because soon reality will hit) :)

    -RPL x

    ReplyDelete