Pageviews past week

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

VCarr Post-degree: M.B.A. – J.O.B = B.L.O.G


(My Thoughts Two days after graduation…)

After $100K plus investment, what does one do with an MBA?   I know what I’m going to do with mine: frame it. That’s right. I’m taking that sucker and putting it under glass.  Then I will probably put it in a closet somewhere near my undergraduate degree, so it won’t be lonely.  After that, I will head back to my computer and continue looking for a job. 

Yes, you read that correctly. I don’t have a “J”, an “O” or a “B.”  It is, in fact, possible to graduate without one. But do not pity me; now I have time to follow my true passion… which cannot be revealed in case a potential employer reads this.  My passion must remain, shall we say, amenable to future interview questions. (Yes, I love marketing.  Yes, I love consulting. Yes, how could I not love finance?).  I am not saying that I will take any old job.  I do have some rather complicated matrices that I use to identify potential “dream jobs” and “Buy My Soul jobs.”  They are far too complicated to be contained in this blog, but generally they can boiled down to these simple equations:

Dream job = $ + JJJ

Buy My Soul job =  $$$$$ + L

My plan is to analyze these equations.   If I get really desperate, I’ll throw them in excel and see what happens. Derivative here, regression there, quick DCF. You know, b-school stuff. That’s what my degree is in, anyway.  A masters degree in business should be able to help me get a job, right?  I think I read that in the fine print somewhere. Hmmm, lemme just dig that degree out of the closet for a closer look.  

No comments:

Post a Comment