Pageviews past week

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

VCarr Getting Mad, and Getting Nothing Else


(Somewhere in the middle of a very very long job search)

Welcome to the bitter unhappy part of any job search. The place where you go when nothing is going right. When people won’t email or call you back. When you have read every job opening out there; spoken to every contact you can muster; and done just about everything you can think of to get yourself the job. And in this deep dark corner, in its recesses of turmoil, you remember all the potential you once held.  All the money you invested in your ivy league education and graduate degree; the time you spent being successful out there in the “work force.” But alas that is not enough… because “everyone loved you, but [insert ludicrous excuse].” 

My favorite is “everyone loved you, but [we went with someone who had more experience].”  And I wonder is corporate America all colluding in some national office prank? Because it clearly stated my experience on my resume, and I know you, the hiring manager, didn’t read it, but most likely the lowly HR person did. And I ask you, why waste your time (mine, as we know doesn’t matter at all in the process), your resources, your money, on interviewing me on the phone, and then in person? Did you think my experience was some how going to increase by 5 years if we actually chatted through things? Was I going to suddenly look more capable if you saw me face to face? Because the answer to all those questions is NO, it wasn’t going to help. So F--- you, and thank you so much for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment