Pageviews past week

Monday, August 2, 2010

Last Day in Hong Kong!

*** This never got officially posted. So here it is!****


So Blog is on the fritz, and I want to send one last HK Blog while I am in HK....

After a great night out, everyone gets a little bumped and bruised from being on the dance floor. But when you get a black eye and you don’t know where it came from, you know it’s time to leave Hong Kong. It is time to leave Hong Kong. I am not the only MBA exchange student that feels this way. After months of over self-indulgence, you start to realize that this isn’t the real world. I guess we knew that all along. Hong Kong MBA exchange is the fake world. I took fake classes with fake professors. Took fake exams and wrote fake papers. I ate fake dinners out. I partying like a fake rock star. The only thing real thing about the experience was the friendships that I made. We played pretend together in this fake world. And now, well, now it’s time to go back to the reality, with real classes, real apartments, real job search, real everything. Sometimes it’s good to have a dose of carefree fun, though. And that is what Hong Kong has been for me: one big play-cation! Oh, and I learned some stuff, too.

This experience has changed me for the better. I will take some of the carefree mentality with me. As I joke with friends, Hong Kong’s motto should really be: “Hong Kong: sure, why not?”

I will miss you Hong Kong and I will miss you Hong Kong Family! But as they say, “You can take the VCarr out of Hong Kong, but you can’t take the Hong Kong out of VCarr!” 

No comments:

Post a Comment